- The Art Newspaper: The Louvre will be reopening its thirty-five 18th century room galleries on June 6th after renovations which took nearly a decade and cost €26 million.
- The Globe and Mail: Jean-Baptiste Lully's opera Persée will be presented this May at the Royal Opera of Versailles for the first time since 1770.
- Pink, Lacey, and Racy : Marie Antoinette Ballet via Montreal Rampage: A blog post about the Houston Ballet production of Marie currently playing in Montreal.
- “The German Bitch”: Alexandra Feodorovna, Marie Antoinette, and the Evil Foreign Queen in European Monarchy via St. Andrew's History Society: An article about Marie Antoinette, Alexandra Feodorovna and the "German influence" which plagued their reputations.
- The Case of the Closely Watched Courtesans via Slate: An article about the unprecedented police surveillance of elite courtesans in 18th century Paris.
- A vintage photograph of 'Mrs. Patrick A. Valentine in costume as Marie Antoinette,' via Tiny-Librarian from The Library of Congress.
Post a Comment